Stewardship and Planning for Your Legacy at OCM
God has entrusted to each of us material possessions and gifts to use for his purposes. During our lifetime the resources we share as direct gifts help sustain the ministries we care about day-to-day, but may not help ensure that these ministries can continue after our lifetimes.
Each of us has a legacy to consider as we look forward in time. From a stewardship perspective, we may not be able to make large gifts out of current income. Yet, a gift through an estate plan could amount to many multiples of the support we provide in current dollars. Estate and other deferred gifts can become a legacy to continue your support of the ministries of OCM long after current gifts have ceased, and can fund special projects or programs that may be close to your heart.
Thoughtful planning on your part can help you in determining your personal charitable goals, and bring satisfaction that your resources will continue to do what you are no longer able to. Your plans can also ensure that your family is cared for even if you are taken from them through disability or death.Your vision for your life’s legacy can become reality through careful stewardship.
Restoring Hope and Providing Opportunities, and the Future of Families in our Communities
If you support Outreach Community Ministries’ work of “Restoring Hope and Providing Opportunities” for people to become all that God intends them to be, and would like to help ensure that our ministries continue beyond your lifetime, please consider making OCM a beneficiary of your will or another deferred gift arrangement such as a gift annuity or life insurance. Such gifts can provide you with significant tax deductions and other financial benefits during your lifetime, and help you meet the needs of the people and causes you care about in the future.
For years to come, your planned gift will make possible life-enhancing assistance to neighbors in our community who struggle with extraordinary hardships, such as broken family relationships, homelessness, loneliness, and financial devastation. Your foresight and planning will help continue the care and inspiration that OCM gives these individuals and families through the work of dedicated professionals who assist and guide them toward a life in which they can leave the past behind and fulfill their God-given potential.
With the help of seasoned professionals who practice in our communities, you can map out a plan designed both to meet your family’s needs and continue your charitable goals, including assistance to OCM, into the future.
Friends who list Outreach Community Ministries as a beneficiary of a bequest or other planned giving agreement are recognized as OCM Legacy Partners. The OCM Legacy Partners are…
• invited to hear from OCM leadership at our annual Partners events
• recipients of Inside OCM, a memo for significant contributors with in-depth, current information about OCM programs
• have the blessing of knowing you are investing in the future of our life-changing ministries
Ways to Provide a Legacy for OCM
• At your death, a will serves as a road map telling your personal representative how to distribute your assets to other people or to a charity. Without a will, you are powerless over how your assets are distributed. Instead, the laws of the state where your residence is, the state in which you spend most of your time, register to vote and hold your driver's license, determines how assets are divided.
• Retirement account assets, if left to anyone other than a spouse, may be subject to very high taxation. However, by designating Outreach Community Ministries as recipient of any benefits remaining in your retirement plan, you may effectively reduce the taxes on those assets.
• You may wish to make OCM the beneficiary of a policy.
A Gift Annuity or a Charitable Remainder Trust
• An agreement between you and OCM that provides you with regular fixed payments annually (an annuity) for life in exchange for transferring assets to OCM
• An agreement between you and a trustee that can provide fixed or variable income to meet your specific financial needs, at the termination of which the remaining assets are passed to Outreach Community Ministries.
• A gift of your home or other real estate is a unique and meaningful way to support Outreach Community Ministries.
• You can enjoy the satisfaction of making such a gift during your lifetime—without affecting your current lifestyle—by a special arrangement called a retained life estate.
• Real estate can also be a valuable asset when used to fund either a charitable remainder trust or a charitable lead trust.
Professionals to Assist You
Outreach Community Ministries can provide the names of planned giving experts who may advise and guide you through the often challenging process of completing your bequest in the way that best meets your and your loved ones’ needs, and continues your philanthropic goals according to your wishes.
OCM can also provide names of financial counselors to assist with special arrangements such as annuities and charitable remainder trusts. All are well-versed in financial matters, and are familiar with Outreach Community Ministries.
If you would like more information on planned giving, please contact us:
Outreach Community Ministries
122 West Liberty Drive
Wheaton, IL 60187